– Welcome back!
– A hot Minnesota August
– Nathan’s premature semester
– Looking forward to David’s J-Term
– Prolegomena to Rock
– Listener feedback
– Can we get Nathan to rap?
– Like us on Facebook
Explain the Encyclopedia
– A long ride on an elevator
– Introduction to Contemporary Christian Theology
– The Gilmour-est of topics
– Goodness and free will
– The virtuous pagan
– The final, autobiographical manifesto
– Nathan’s committee and his religious content
Philosophical and Theological Background
– The convergence of theology and literature
– Free will in philosophy and theology
– People outside the faith
– The writing of the dissertation changes the argument
– Nathan rewrites history
Filling the Shakespeare Gap
– Can Shakespeare write a righteous pagan?
– The tragedy/comedy divide
– Why Shakespeare can’t embrace the Calvinist move
– The textuality of the interior life
– How theological a writer is Shakespeare?
The Christian Humanist Dissertation
– Interconnectivity and breadth
– The missing altar call
– David and Michial’s theological moments
– Our podcast gets a mention
– Don’t get a job before you write your dissertation
– Disappearing and reappearing
– Do they shuffle you through?
– Sprezzatura and serendipity
– A book for beginning seminarians