Ed Song, Nathan Gilmour, and Jay Eldred talk about book six of the Republic.
- Our translations of the Republic: Benjamin Jowett (1888) and Richard W. Sterling and William C. Scott (1985).
- Is Plato’s argument a variant of No True Scotsman?
- Ed’s soundtrack to Book Six is the Indigo Girls’ “Closer to Fine.”
- Every moral philosopher loves The Good Place. (And everyone hates moral philosophers.)
- Elizabeth Holmes dropped out of Stanford.
- Plato’s describing Gattaca.
- Blame Karl Popper for the association of Plato’s republic with totalitarianism.
- Robespierre tried to totally remake the calendar.
- When Bubba played the saxophone on The Arsenio Hall Show.
- Our theme music was provided by Blue Dot Sessions.
Relevant Network Shows
- Christian Humanist Podcast 25: Plato.
- Christian Humanist Podcast 66: Desert-Island Books.
- Christian Humanist Podcast 95: Platonic Aesthetics.
- City of Man 7: Justice and the Bible.
- City of Man 75: Social Justice and the Gospel.