Coyle and Ed start a two part series examining the recent controversies in North Carolina regarding gay and transgender persons, and public accommodations.
Episode 9 Show Notes
The North Carolina Law
The Letter from Obama
Discrimination, freedom, and compulsion.
Books/Readings Mentioned in the Podcast
- North Carolina HB2
- ‘The Letter from Obama’, aka ‘Dear Colleague Letter on Transgendered Students’
- The Federal Government’s Guide to Guidance
- Questions about choice and determinism from Garrett Kell (as promised in the podcast)
- The NC Bill and local anti-discrimination policies.
- Identity terms (at the top of the article).