Victoria Reynolds Farmer, Jordan Poss, and Christina Bieber Lake discuss Books 19, 20, and 21 of Homer’s Odyssey.
- Our translations of Homer: Robert Fagles (1996) and Emily Wilson (2018).
- The prophecy about the suitors made Victoria think of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Odysseus is a combination of a five-year-old and Rambo. And he’ll be back. Stick around.
- Telemachus gets high on his own drama. HIGH? ON HIS OWN DRAMA?
- Christina can’t get We Need to Talk About Kevin out of her head.
- Two stealth adaptations of The Odyssey: O Brother, Where Art Thou? (AGAIN?) and Cold Mountain.
- Victoria wants Homer to play “The Boys Are Back in Town” at the end of Book 21.
- Our theme music was provided by Blue Dot Sessions.
RELEVANT NETWORK SHOWS