RE: the Mary/Eve discussion at 11:00
The Christian Feminist Podcast, Episode # 4: Mariology
- Introductions, a welcome, and an apology
- Mary as theotokos
- Lots of theologians have talked about her role
- So have lots of feminists
- Mary’s feast days make this discussion a timely one (or would if we had recorded on time :/ )
- This is a huge topic—please join our discussion on the blog and facebook page!
- Early modern gender roles: Mary v. Eve, the advent of companionate marriage, Galenic and Aristotelian anatomical models
- Who’s responsible for the fall, and why does that matter?
- Mary and Protestant views of idolatry
- Sarah responds to the idolatry accusation: what intercession is really about
- The importance of Mary as sinless
- Spousal Mariology v. Maternal Mariology and the one flesh motif
- Sharing fetal cells and the connection to the Assumption of Mary
- Service v. servitude, and multiple forms of motherhood
- Elevating feminine physicality through Mary
- What’s the role of sex and gender difference in maternal Mariology?
- What other sources exist to discuss spousal v. maternal Mariology?
- We need to do some more research here.
- Wright, N.T. Surprised By Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church. New York: HarperOne, 2008. Print.
- Boss, Sarah J. Mary: The Complete Resource. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007. Print.