- Where’s Grubbs?
- A programming note
- Listener feedback
- What do our sentences mean?
- Synthesizing physical phenomena
- Peirce as Father of Analytic Philosophy
- The scientific method
- Meaninglessness and falsity
- His many systems
- What makes philosophy “true”?
- Ethical and aesthetic enjoyment
- Beginning with experiments
- What made Peirce so angry?
- A method, not a system
- Do James’s ideas have consequences?
Pragmatism and Capitalism
- The “cash value” of beliefs
- Nathan’s great difficulty with pragmatism
- For the sake of what?
- Is there a content to “living well”?
- Is anyone not a pragmatist?
- Does he deserve his reputation?
- School as laboratory for town
- The radical Deweyites
- Learning the contours of social life
- Vs. cultural literacy
- A Platonist pragmatist
- And the neo-pragmatists
- Post-Vietnam America
- You can’t say just anything about a text
- Objectivity and solidarity
- Why neo-pragmatism is not relativism
- Do paleo-pragmatists exist?
Pragmatism and Politics
- Is politics a game of pragmatism?
- The content of politics
- Vocabularies and audiences
- Is Barack Obama a pragmatist?
- The Republican counter-strategy
The Hotel Hallway
- A method, not a metaphysics
- What would a pragmatic Christianity look like?
- Dogma and content
- Can you measure doctrine by its fruits?
- Moralistic therapeutic deism
- A neo-pragmatist Christianity