Laurie Norris and Jay Eldred have an lively conversation about what cosplay means to them and how dressing up as someone else helped them both discover who they are.
- What is cosplay to you?
- How we got into it
- What our typical costumes are like
- What our dream cosplays are
- How has cosplay helped us understand better who we are?
- What cosplay and “crossplay” have taught us about gender
- The ways costumes let us explore our identities
- JAY: 1) CFP episode 100 on Pratchett’s Monstrous Regiment, 2) Pratchett’s Monstrous Regiment, 3) Pratchett’s Unseen Academicals with Cheery Littlebottom and the dwarven fashion show
- LAURIE: Dragon Con, every Labor Day weekend in Atlanta