Michial Farmer, Coyle Neal, and Jordan Poss talk about books one and two of Homer’s Odyssey.
- Our translations of Homer: Richmond Lattimore (1951), Robert Fagles (1996), and Stanley Lombardo (2000).
- Michial compares Robert Fagles to Mario from Super Mario Bros. 2.
- We bring up O Brother, Where Art Thou?–not for the last time.
- Obviously we all love the Duck Tales version of The Odyssey.
- Antisthenes gives us later versions of Odysseus and Ajax.
- Odysseus knows when to hold ’em, and he knows when to fold ’em.
- Homer keeps Odyssey out of the poem for awhile, just like in Beowulf.
- Coyle recommends the Hercules: The Legendary Journeys episode “War Wounds.”
- Marty McFly, like Telemachus, has trouble figuring out who he is.
- Is Home Alone an adaptation of the Telemachy?
- Worms-eye view war movies include The Thin Red Line and Fury.
- There’s a distinction between Doylist and Watsonian explanations.
- Our theme music was provided by Blue Dot Sessions.
RELEVANT NETWORK SHOWS