- Waves of Feminism
- The Seneca Falls Convention
- The Declaration of Rights and Sentiments
- Suffrage and Abolition
- Racism within the movement
- Suffrage, Temperance, and the WCTU
- Iron Jawed Angels. Dir. Katja von Garnier. HBO Films: 2004, Film.
- “She’s no radical—She’s a Quaker!”
- Quakers and social justice
- None of us are free until all of us are free.
- E.C. Stanton’s The Woman’s Bible (coauthor: His Satanic Majesty)
- The Silent Sentinels, nonviolent protest, and religion
- Religion and social justice in Harrisonburg, PA
- Race as tokenism in the film?
- Inter-movement divisions of age, class, and power as well as race
- Inez Mullholland as feminist martyr
- Lots of awesome actors are in this movie!
- Alice, Ben, and the work/life balance
- Emily Leighton as Angel in the House
- Fighting for future generations
- Women’s vulnerable bodies on film: sexuality and historical figures
- Apologies for our technical difficulties
- The “every woman is someone’s daughter/sister/mother” problem
- Sojourners Magazine: http://sojo.net/
- The “300 Sandwiches Project”: http://300sandwiches.com/introduction/
- Internet feminists respond: http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/300-feminist-sandwiches-twitter-hashtag/
One thought on “The Christian Feminist Podcast, Episode # 2.1: First-Wave Feminism”
[…] that episode (shownotes here; episode here or on iTunes), Victoria Farmer, Shelah Woodruff, and I talk about first-wave feminism […]